Cocktails and Confections with Dolley Todd Madison
Join the Friends of Independence along with Chef Staib of City Tavern & A Taste of History and Eric & Ryan Berley of Franklin Fountain for a delicious salute to Dolley Todd Madison on Thursday, June 8th.
Enjoy sweet treats and tasty drinks while learning about Dolley’s connection to ice cream and her fabulous pastries that can still be found at City Tavern today. Franklin Fountain will be demonstrating the use of 19th century ice cream molds while Chef Staib and Pastry Chef Diana Wolkow, demonstrate how to make Dolley’s “Fairy Butter”, which would go on top of James Madison’s favorite cake… Seed Cake!
During the evening, Independence National Historical Park will be providing tours of the Todd House where Dolley lived with her first husband, John Todd. Tours are limited to 8 people per tour so come early to make sure you don’t miss your opportunity to explore this beautiful, 18th century furnished home.
This is an Exclusive event and tickets are limited.
Please RSVP before June 5, 2017
Thank you to our Partners
Location: 18th Century Garden at 329 Walnut Street
Time: 5:00 to 8:00 PM
- $40 For current FINHP Members
- $75 For two (2) Current FINHP Members
- $55 For General Public
- If you are not a member of the Friends of Independence NHP,
- If you are not a member of the Friends of Independence NHP
- For $65, you can become an Individual member and attend the event at the member price.
- For $110, you can become Household Members and attend the event at the member price
Registration is required to attend the event
call the Friend’s office at 215-861-4971
or send in a check to:
Attn: Friends of Independence NHP
143 S. 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106